The Importance of Replacing Faulty Outlets and Switches

The Importance of Replacing Faulty Outlets and Switches

July 07, 2021

Electrical outlets are one of the most essential and most frequently used components of daily life. It’s important to keep electrical outlets working properly. They don’t last forever so electrical outlets will need inspection and replacement from time to time. If you notice a faulty switch or electrical outlet, it’s likely that you’ll need to replace it. Broken, damaged, or outdated outlets can be a safety hazard, potentially causing fires. At Mr. Electric of Dallas, we’ve gathered some tips for when you might need to schedule a replacement. 

How Do I Know When an Outlet Needs to be Replaced?

There are a few signs that your electrical outlet needs to be replaced. One obvious sign of a dysfunctional outlet is if it feels hot to the touch. If the outlet or switch is overheated, it may just be a hazard waiting to happen. Another sign that replacement is needed is if there is physical damage to your electric outlet. If the plastic covering the internal components of the outlets is damaged, it’s important to get it fixed for your safety. If you notice an overheated electrical socket in your home or any physical damage, get in touch with our experienced electricians at Mr. Electric of Dallas and we’ll get your sockets back to functioning safely again. 

Electrical Sockets Sparking or Lights Flickering

Another sign that your electrical outlets need to be replaced is sparking of the outlet or if your lights are flickering. If there are lights flickering with an outlet or a switch, chances are it’s time for a replacement. Sparking is another red flag. Your electrical outlets should never ever cause a spark. Sparking outlets are a power hazard and could easily cause a fire. It’s important to respond quickly with these kinds of damages to your outlet as it may be a fire hazard. Let our team at Mr. Electric of Dallas help you get your electrical outlets back to working safely and properly for your home. Give us a call or schedule online today.

Avoid Fire Hazards and Power Outages

To avoid the dangerous consequences of a fire or power outage, it is imperative that you respond to faulty electrical outlets without delay. Malfunctioning outlets can put your home at a far greater risk of electric fires and electrocution, especially if there are any exposed wires. It is imperative that faulty outlets are fixed immediately. Aside from the potential dangers, faulty outlets can also keep you from using your most essential appliances including television, microwaves, phone chargers, and much more. If you notice any of the signs of malfunctioning electrical outlets, get in touch with our team at Mr. Electric of Dallas today and we’ll get to you right away.

How Mr. Electric of Dallas Can Help

At Mr. Electric of Dallas, our team is dedicated to quality service. The safety of your home and loved ones is important to us. The moment you notice any damage to your electric outlets, get in touch with us so we can handle it right away. Don’t delay. We’re available 24/7, every single day, even on weekends and holidays.