The LEDs and CFLs are the two most popular options when it comes to choosing replacement light bulbs, and the reason is that they do offer more efficient and long-lasting lighting options. Mr. Electric of Dallas has brought to you a comparison between the two options to see which one comes out tops.
LED Bulbs- The Pros and Cons
- LED bulbs are more efficient as they consume 50% less energy than the CFLs.
- Last longer than CFLs by more than 25 years.
- Do not release heat as a by-product.
- Quite more durable, they don’t break easily like the CFLs.
- LEDs are available in a wide temperature range, unlike the CFLs.
- LEDs are available in different tones, hues, and shades. They can be used for task lighting, and Artistic displays, just to mention a few.
- They can be dimmed more easily than the CFLs.
- LEDs work much efficiently even in colder temperatures hence they are found in commercial freezers and refrigerators.
- LEDs come in different technological options.
- LEDs are more expensive than CFLs, but their long-lasting lifespan will offset these costs.
- May come with some heavy metals that can offset the “green” tag of the bulb.
- Can worsen symptoms of light sensitivity especially when the individual chooses the blue/white color spectrum.
LED bulbs can be applied in a wide range of options, they can add more color and functionality in the kitchen, baths, living rooms, and the outdoor or porch areas. They can also be used as the hard-to-reach bulbs or for holiday lighting.
The CFL bulbs- Pros and Cons
- CFL bulbs are less expensive than the LED bulbs.
- The use 40% less energy than the incandescent bulbs, but 10% more than the LEDs.
- They have a lifespan of that is 10 times longer than the incandescent bulbs.
- CLFs can be more suitable for individuals suffering from light sensitivity because the temperatures of CFLs are warmer than the blue-white toned LEDs.
- The color tones of CFLs can washout the surrounding environment of the bulb and that can cause eye strains.
- It takes a longer time to warm up and reach its full brightness.
- Ultra-violet radiation is emitted from CLFs during usage.
- CFLs can break more easily than the LEDs and can cause increased exposure to mercury.
- CFLs must be properly disposed of off when inactive- this will help reduce exposure to mercury substances.
- CFLs are not dimmable, as compared to the LEDs.
The CFLs have an ideal look that makes them suitable for recessed lighting and as concealed fixtures. For this reason, they are more valuable to institutions such as hospitals and airport terminals.
Mr. Electric of Dallas offers durable LEDs and CFLs that are 100% reliable
Regardless of your lighting needs, Mr. Electric of Dallas offers 100% reliable and efficient LEDs and CFLs that will fit perfectly into your lighting needs. All you need to do is to speak to a professional, and certified electrician who will evaluate your lighting needs before making recommendations.